In order to fully understand the SEO, you must know a few things related to the SEO Glossary. Basically, it is a list of codes and messages you will obtain within your website. It is definitely useful if you want to get the most from the SEO.
- Ad Words: Google’s platform for helping you make money with the website with advertisements (pay per click).
- Affiliate: Sharing products or services on your website, which are sold by another vendor.
- Algorithm: Code used by search engines to rank a website.
- Anchor text: A link to another website or a blog that uses the specific name or a phrase.
- B2C: Business to customer.
- B2B: Business to business.
- Backlink: A link to another website.
- Bot: Software developed to perform specific tasks automatically, such as linking, posting, answering to messages and etc. This term is important because Google ranks websites with bot-s
- Bounce rate: This is a number of visitors who came to your website, but they didn’t look any of other pages. It is presented in percentages.
- Breadcrumbs: A navigation bar that helps users determine where they are at the moment, on the website obviously.
- Cloak: Method used to show different content to the users and search engines. If detected, it will be a responsible for a permanent ban of the Google and others.
- Crawler: A software that searches the web and for gathering data.
- Doorway: A page used to attract users, by redirecting them to another page. However, it won’t be used to redirect search engines, meaning that your website won’t be ranked lower.
- Googlebot: Bot Google uses to read the sitemaps of websites.
All of this and a lot more must be known if you are planning to use SEO. There are more than 200 factors Google measures, and all of them must be compatible with the search engine.